Fulfilled? What does that mean? How do you find fulfillment?
This is a word that gets a lot of attention and not necessarily for good reasons. It is used in “someday” and “if or when this happens” statements. “If this happens, I will be happy.” or “My life will be complete.” or “I will be satisfied.” I’m sure you can think of many examples.
The problem is when you’re waiting, wishing, hoping that someday something will happen and you’ll be happy, you are relying on outside circumstances and people to bring you fulfillment.
To be truly fulfilled is to know that you are in charge of your life, your happiness and your choices.
Here are 5 Simple Steps to Bring More Happiness (aka Fulfillment) into your Life:
- Be with others who make you smile. Studies show that we are happiest when we are around those who are also happy. Stick with those who are joyful and let it rub off on you.
- Accept the good. Look at your life and take stock of what’s working. Don’t push away something just because it isn’t perfect. When good things happen, even the very little ones, let them in.
- Do things you love. Maybe you can’t do what you love every day, but as long as you get to do the things you love every once in a while you will feel greater happiness.
- Listen to your heart. You are the only one who knows what fills you up. Your family and friends may think you’d be great at something that really doesn’t float your boat. It can be complicated following your bliss. Listen to and follow your heart.
- Push yourself, not others. It’s easy to feel that someone else is responsible for your fulfillment, but the reality is that it is really your charge. Once you realize that, you have the power to get where you want to go. Stop blaming others or the world and you’ll find your answers much sooner.
To your happiness and fulfillment!