The world is full of people who want to tell what you should be doing, how you should be dressing, and right now especially, who you should be voting for.
You know where all of that “should-ing” gets us? It gets us stuck. It shoves us into a spiral of self-doubt and second guessing. We start to think there’s something wrong with us, and that we should be acting, dressing and voting differently. We lose touch with our truth…and it can be a struggle to find it again.
If you’re nodding your head as you read this, hear me loud and clear: There is nothing wrong with you.
*Other people’s opinions are not your truth. <——-Click to Tweet*
Here are 5 ways to shake off the shoulds and get back in touch with your truth:
- Look around you right now and write down 3 things you love about this moment in time.
- Think about someone who makes you feel loved. Text them a quick thanks.
- Notice the uneasy feeling in your stomach or your clenched jaw. Take a few breaths and let that tense place in your body relax.
- Listen to your favorite song – the one that you know all the words to – bonus points if you sing along at the top of your lungs!
- Call a like-minded friend. Share your truth with them and hear them support you.
We all get sucked into the self-doubt spiral of shoulds sometimes. It’s a part of being human, and it’s totally OK. Use these 5 practies next time you’re feeling stuck, and step back into the happiness of feeling solid in your truth.